What is RTS Canada?
Welcome to RTS Canada, a Canadian Rubinstein-Taybi Syndrome Parent Support Group. RTS Canada was established in January 1998.
The purposes of RTS Canada are:
To facilitate communications between Canadian RTS families by:
- Providing a means by which Canadian RTS Parents can exchange information about their RTS children, about what works, and about what doesn't work
- Providing a means by which Canadian RTS families can get to know other Canadian RTS children and so that they can understand that they are not alone in living with an RTS child
To provide assistance to new and more experienced Canadian RTS families by:
- Providing information on the latest RTS related research and development
- Providing information on upcoming events which may be of interest to Canadian RTS families
- To further the goals and objectives of RTS Canada by:
- Acting as a focal point for issues, problems, and items of interest which may need to be researched, resolved, and communicated on behalf of one or more Canadian RTS family(ies)
How will RTS Canada accomplish all of this?
In the fullness of time, we plan to accomplish the above by:
- Publishing regular newsletters to assist in facilitating communications
- Supporting the use of the Internet RTS Emailing List (email support network) where families can quickly exchange RTS related information with other RTS families from all over the world
- Pursuing strong ties with the American RTS Parent Support Group as well as other similar organisations
- Accessing available private and public funding sources to assist us in carrying out RTS Canada's activities
- Designing, populating, and publishing (hard copy and Internet) databases which contain family, health care resources, and common ailments and remedies information
Who is RTS Canada?
RTS Canada consists of a number of families who have begun working and sharing together in order to further the goals and objectives of RTS Canada. Besides all of these
families, there are a couple of parents of Children with RTS who are looking after the day-to-day business of RTS Canada. They are:
Jean Lavigne Lisa McRorie-Harvey
9 McLeod Cr 762 Sherburn St
Ottawa, ON K1K 2H8 Winnipeg, MB R3G 2L2
(613) 747-9853 (204) 772-4273
How do I join RTS Canada?
All Canadian RTS families as well as those who may have an interest in Canadian RTS issues (i.e. Health Care Professionals) are welcomed to join RTS Canada.
Costs to join are moderate and by adding your name and address to our list, you will receive regular mailings of RTS related information as well as be able to access any of our services either by Internet e-mail or Canada Post snail mail. So, to join RTS Canada, please contact Jean or Lisa. Come and help us turn our dream into reality.